EASD-Novo Nordisk Foundation Diabetes Prize for Excellence 2024
The EASD-Novo Nordisk Foundation Diabetes Prize for Excellence recognises outstanding achievements in research which has led to significant advances in the understanding, prevention or treatment of diabetes or its complications.
To be eligible for nomination:
- Candidates must be an EASD member
- Candidates can be from any country
- There are no age restrictions
- Board Members of EASD or NNF are not eligible for nomination
- Only employees of universities, hospitals or other non-profit institutions will be considered
- Candidates should be currently active in diabetes research and continuing their research activity for the following 5 years
Nominations should be made on the available nomination form, and sent as one complete PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, containing:
- One Letter of Recommendation of not more than 1,000 words signed by up to three nominators. Additional letters will be disregarded.
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee including a list (without reprints) of ten publications considered to reflect the nominee's most important contributions in the field.
The awardee will receive a personal monetary award accompanied by a monetary award to support the ongoing research of the awardee, generously sponsored by the Novo Nordisk Foundation.
The awardee will deliver a Lecture during the EASD Annual Meeting in the year of the award and is expected to provide annual reports on the research supported by the Prize for up to 5 years after receipt of the award.